e-CFR banner


e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources


Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

e-CFR data is current as of December 12, 2019

Title 47Chapter ISubchapter DPart 101Subpart O → Subject Group

Title 47: Telecommunication
Subpart O—Multiple Address Systems

General Provisions

§101.1301   Scope.

This subpart sets out the regulations governing the licensing and operation of Multiple Address Systems (MAS). The rules in this subpart are to be used in conjunction with applicable requirements contained elsewhere in the Commission's rules, such as those requirements contained in parts 1 and 22 of this chapter.

§101.1303   Eligibility.

Authorizations for stations in this service will be granted in cases where it is shown that:

(a) The applicant is legally, financially, technically and otherwise qualified to render the proposed service;

(b) There are frequencies available to enable the applicant to render a satisfactory service; and

(c) The public interest, convenience or necessity would be served by a grant thereof.

§101.1305   Private internal service.

A private internal service is a service where entities utilize frequencies purely for internal business purposes or public safety communications and not on a for-hire or for-profit basis.

§101.1307   Permissible communications.

MAS users may engage in terrestrial point-to-point and point-to-multi-point fixed and limited mobile operations.

[66 FR 35111, July 3, 2001]

§101.1309   Regulatory status.

(a) The Commission will rely on each applicant to specify on FCC Form 601 the type of service or services it intends to provide. Each application for authorization in the bands designated for private internal use must include a certification stating why the application satisfies the definition of private internal use.

(b) Any interested party may challenge the regulatory status granted an MAS licensee.

Need assistance?